Feeling good during pregnancy is something all moms-to-be strive for. I don’t mean to brag, but I felt absolutely amazing throughout the entire journey. I attribute that to my healthy habits. I wanted to share with you some tips for maintaining your health and feeling great during pregnancy.
Healthy eating and exercise are the two key factors that play into a healthy pregnancy. These, partnered with meditation of some form can help you to feel great with both body and mind.
1. Take a Prenatal. Make sure to get enough vitamins and folic acid for a healthy baby.
2. Don’t cave for all those pregnancy cravings. In the end they will just make you feel worse. Lucky for me, I mostly craved cold fruit; however, I did occasionally crave chocolate…(and meatloaf, but that was just one of those random cravings and then it was gone) it’s okay to splurge every now and then, but keeping a healthy weight now allows for less work after the baby is born.
3. Eat fresh fruits and veggies. These will help you feel good and they are good for the baby.
4. Keep healthy snacks in your purse. If you’re like me, I get very hangry when I haven’t eaten in a while. This is why I always keep healthy snacks like Larabars or That’s It bars in my purse. Doing so makes it less likely you’ll hit the vending machine or grab something unhealthy.
5. Eat small meals. I snacked constantly during my pregnancy. This helped lessen the likelihood of heartburn and belly aches, so I was left feeling great throughout the day.
My only advice for this section is work out! You may need to modify your workouts as your pregnancy progresses, but keep moving. Walking, swimming, ellipticalling and cycling are all great options. It is also safe to run if you had been doing so before getting pregnant. I made sure to elliptical or walk briskly each day and I believe this helped me to have an easy labor and delivery. I also incorporated Prenatal Barre from 20 weeks on. I did this right up until the day I delivered! Keep moving pregnant mamas!
You can interpret meditation in many different ways. For me, it was doing my daily workout. This cleared my mind and helped me relax. For you, it could be yoga, church, mindless tasks around the house, or regular meditation. The opportunities for meditation are endless. Just make sure to take time each day to clear your mind and relax.
I believe that my daily routine allowed me to both feel great during pregnancy and have a quick labor without complications. Good luck on your journey and stay healthy!
This was me a shortly before I went into labor!